|Ingredients for Macaroons|
|Doña Maria® Miponica® White Rice
Sweetened Jackfruit, Sliced Thinly
|for the Caramel Sauce:|
Heavy Whipping Cream
for the Caramel Sauce
1. Prepare all the ingredients and place it next to the pan.
2. Heat the sugar over medium heat.
3. As soon as the sugar comes to a boil swirl the pan a bit.
4. As soon as all of the sugar crystals have melted (the liquid sugar should be dark amber in color), immediately add the butter to the pan. Whisk until the butter has melted.
5. Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat. Count to three, then slowly add the cream to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate. Note than when you add the butter and the cream, the mixture will foam up considerably. This is why you must use a pan that is at least 2-quarts (preferably 3-quarts) big.
6. Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, and then pour into a glass Mason jar and let sit to cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Warm before serving.
for the Macaroons
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer coconut milk with pandan leaves and sugar.
2. In a separate pan over medium heat, stir in cooked Doña Maria® Miponica® White Rice, coconut milk and sweetened jackfruit.
3. Continue stirring as the rice become too hard to handle.
4. Preheat the cooking oil in preparation for deep-frying.
5. Dip fingers in water and shape 2 rounded tablespoons jackfruit rice into a (1 1/2′′). Roll in palm of hands to make a smooth ball. Roll it over into a bowl of desiccated coconut.
6. Deep fry until golden brown.
7. Serve with caramel sauce.